53rd Annual DDA Meeting
When arriving on-site, all meeting attendees will be REQUIRED to show:
- Government ID
- Proof of vaccination (photo of or physical vaccination card)
- Completed Guest Health Screening Questionnaire (must be completed no more than 24 hours in advance of your visit). This is the firm policy of the Flatiron Institute and you will not be able to enter the building without them. It is possible this policy will be updated to require a booster dose, and we will notify attendees if this occurs.
Read the AAS Coronavirus Conference Policy
Cancellations before 18 April will receive a full refund less a $50 processing fee. Cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
Plenary Speakers: Amina Helmi & Ann-Marie Madigan
DDA’s annual Dirk Brouwer Career Award recognizes a major contributor to the field of dynamical astronomy who demonstrates excellence in scientific research, has had a proven impact and influence in the field, demonstrates excellence in the teaching and training of students, and provides outstanding advancement and other support of the field through administration, public service, or engineering achievement. The 2021 award goes to Professor Amina Helmi (Kapteyn Astronomical Institute, University of Groningen) to recognize and celebrate her outstanding contributions to the field of galactic dynamics. Learn more
DDA’s annual Vera Rubin Early Career Prize recognizes an early career dynamicist who demonstrates excellence in scientific research in dynamical astronomy or a closely related field, has had impact and influence on these fields, and shows a promise of continued excellence as demonstrated by past practice in research, teaching, and the advancement and support of the field of dynamical astronomy. The 2021 prize goes to Professor Ann-Marie Madigan (University of Colorado, Boulder) for her work on the dynamics of near-Keplerian systems composed of objects that are individually small but collectively massive. Learn more
- Modern Theories of Planetesimal Formation (Seth Jacobson)
- Compact Object Binaries (Gongjie Li, Dong Lai)
- State of the Profession, Astro 2020: Building a more diverse and inclusive dynamics community (Kathryn Johnston)